Are you considering applying for an Intern Position with OurNewton.org
The mission of OurNewton.org is to foster community engagement, cultural vitality, and civic pride for the Newton community by providing centralized and accessible information about local events, activities, organizations, and resources for all members of the Newton community. Part of our model includes creative programs to engage people of all ages to be a part of OurNewton.org.
- Initially, intern will learn the process of finding and posting events, stories, video, and images.
- Learn how to post content to social media, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. Measure performance with Google Analytics and Insights.
- Help grow our readership and reinforce our positive presence in our community
- Create newsletters.
- Reach out to community members to encourage participation.
- Define specific, measurable goals for OurNewton.org
A flexible schedule with a minimum of 5 to 10 hours a week.
Training sessions will take place at Keller Williams Realty at 1340 Centre Street, Newton, MA 02459. Much of the work will be performed off site once training is complete but regular check in’s will be expected either by phone or email as well as occasional face-to-face meetings.
- Student will be trained in all aspects.
- You will be a part of a unique project designed to build connections with a vibrant community using a website, newsletter, social media, and face to face connections.
- You will be mentored by OurNewton.org Board Members and learn all about creating and maintaining an interactive web site, compelling content, the power of social media, and engaging newsletter.
- You will gain real time job experience that should be added to your resume.
- You will make new colleagues who you can depend on for future references.
- Once engaged and familiar with OurNewton.org, other more high level projects may be possible. For example, two of our long-term goals is to further segment our content, establish a Business Corner for local business promotions, and add a community bulletin board for tutors and other professional services
Please send resume to: Janet@JanetPorcaro.net
Call 617-797-9497 to confirm receipt.
Keller Williams Realty
1340 Centre Street, Suite 202
Newton, MA 02459