However, due to the changing nature of the COVID-19 epidemic, and our moral belief that we must help “flatten the curve,” the New Art Center will halt all in-person classes for all students beginning today until at least April 5th.
We are asking for support and patience from everyone as we transition to our next steps. As of today:
- All Spring 2020 in-person classes, workshops, and ceramics open studio times will be postponed until at least April 5th.
- All Winter 2020 make-up classes are cancelled.
- We are building a platform for a small selection of online classes. While not yet final, we do expect to share detailed information about these plans as soon as possible.
As we shared on Friday, in normal times, tuition covers just 70% of our operating costs annually. A significant reduction in enrollments for our Spring 2020 semester would truly devastate us.
With limited cash flow, we are asking you, our students, families, and community to help us in the following ways:
- Please stay enrolled for Spring 2020 and join us for online classes in 2-D, beginning no earlier than the week of 3/23.
- We expect to offer at least 3 adult and 3 children’s classes.
- While these classes may not be with your current instructor, we can promise you an engaging curriculum that will keep you connected with your artistic community.
- The online classes will consist of short video lessons, written lesson prompts, 1:1 video or phone meetings and critiques with your instructor, group video chats, and more, depending on the class and instructor you are enrolled with.
- Online classes will run until we resume normal operations at the New Art Center.
- Please stay enrolled and make an online donation here.
- If you wish to withdraw from classes, please donate some or all of your Spring 2020 Tuition.
- Our refund policy for Spring classes is amended. If you wish to withdraw, we are offering full refunds (less a $25 administrative fee) for any student for Spring 2020 classes up until the start date.
- Please contact Marte Humbert at email@example.com for any changes to your registration.
We are sending our best wishes to each and all during this unusual time. We can’t wait until we are all together again in the building.