Newton Neighbors is collaborating with the Street at Chestnut Hill and the Village Bank to collect school supplies for children in Newton and neighboring towns. Drop off your donations at any Village Bank location in Newton.
Our goal is to collect school supplies for 200 children. Donations will be distributed in time for the first day of school.
We would appreciate donations of:
- Good-quality new or gently used backpacks (backpacks for middle and high school students are the most needed). Please do not donate backpacks with monogrammed names or initials or company-specific logos.
- Good-quality new or gently used lunchboxes. Please do not donate lunchboxes with monogrammed names or initials or company-specific logos.
- Water bottles
- New or used graphing calculators
- Notebooks (composition, spiral, and graphing)
- Pens and pencils
- $25 gift cards to Star Market or Target for purchase of school supplies
Donations can also be purchased via our Amazon wishlist.
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- The Street Chestnut Hill
- The Bagel Table
- Hummingbird Books
Village Bank Locations (Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Auburndale: 307 Auburn Street, Auburndale, MA 02466
- Newtonville: 332 Walnut Street, Newtonville, MA 02460
- Waban: 89 Wyman Street, Waban, MA 02468
- Nonantum: 411 Watertown Street, Nonantum, MA 02458
- West Newton: 1369 Washington Street, West Newton, MA 02465
- Newton Centre: 720 Beacon Street, Newton Centre, MA 02459
- Corporate Office & Loan Center: 320 Needham Street, Suite 200, Newton, MA 02464
If you have questions or are unable to make it to the Street to drop off supplies or need school supplies please email us at Newton Neighbors email@example.com