Newton Parks and Rec still has openings.
Upcoming Spring and Summer classes and activities with openings include:
- Archery Instruction – several classes are being offered through On the Mark Archery on Saturdays in the Spring and Summer. Each session runs for 4 weeks and are for ages 8 (3rd grade) – adult. All classes take place outside at Boyd Park.
- Bike Rodeo Sunday, May 7th Join Parks and Recreation and MA Safe Routes to School for our annual Bike Rodeo to teach safe biking to kids in Newton. Children in grades K-6 bring their own bike and helmet and will learn valuable skills like checking their bike to make sure it is ready to ride, how to start and stop safely, scanning for oncoming traffic or obstacles in the road, using hand signals when turning and more! Pre-registration is required
- Fused Glass Classes with The Glass Bar for kids and adults. 1 day and multi week sessions are offered at The Glass Bar in Needham. Summer camp weeks have recently been added.
- Golf Programs for Kids – For ages 4 – 14 years old: SNAG, beginner, and Junior lessons are offered on weekends at the Newton Commonwealth Golf Course. Sessions are offered monthly through August.
- Pickleball Lessons at McGrath – a few sessions still have openings for weekday morning pickleball lessons in May. June lessons will be posted online shortly so keep checking if you are interested in June lesson dates.
- Pickleball Playtime at Auburndale Cove register online and then coordinate your play time at Auburndale Cove.
- Tennis –JXS Tennis has a full selection of kids and adult tennis programs starting this week. Sign up for Spring programs, as well as summer camps, private, semi-private and group private lessons. Go to newtonmarec.com to register. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Time for Partners 18 mo. – 4 years old with Adult. Music, creative movement, and art projects with experienced teachers. Learning is fun, the projects enriching, and the new friends help build self-confidence and sharing skills in young children. Located at City Hall War Memorial
- Over 55 Programs for adults ages 55 and over including Eccentric Full Body Workout, Strength Training, Over ’55 Basketball, Yoga, Aquatic Exercise, Bingo, Body Rolling, Bus Trips, Cribbage, Golf League, Line Dancing, Pilates, Tai Yo Ba, Walking Groups, Watercolors, and MORE. Check out everything that is being offered online.