With our friends at the Franklin Elementary School PTO and the Prospect Hill Community Foundation, we are collecting hand-me-down and donation bikes for the Prospect Hill Terrace Public Housing Community. As summer is approaching, the families there could use your hand-me-down bikes. Last time we did this bike drive, we were able to collect and repair almost 20 bikes for the kids and families in this amazing, loving, and diverse community.
As long as the bike works, the kids will make it work, even if it’s a bit too small or a bit too big.
We are looking for the following bike sizes in particular:
- 24″ wheel, straight top tube – 8 bikes
- 24″ wheel, slanted top tube – 1 bike
- 20″ wheel, straight top tube – 2 bikes
- 18″ wheel – 2 bikes, one with training wheels
- Balance bikes – 2 bikes
- 1 bike to fit a 5’10” rider
- 1 bike to fit a 5’4″ rider
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange dropoff.