Excerpted from the Down Under newsletter.
Your support and openness to jumping online is our inspiration! Tomorrow you can connect directly with all your teachers and those you’ve never had the chance to study with.
Sign up for class exactly the same way you do now:
- Go to Mindbody now or at least 20 minutes ahead of time. Pick a class and register using your current pass. If you don’t have a pass, purchase one here.
- Desk managers will send you an email to access class 15 minutes before (check your inbox, including Spam/Junk.)
- Click the link and simply watch or make it two-way so your teacher can see you. Don’t worry, your microphone is automatically muted so your noise will not be heard.
From 8am–8pm, call our studios for support (phone numbers listed at the bottom of this email.) If you do not reach anyone, call Louie at 617-648-6144.
We Are All in This Together: Ways to Help Us Stay Alive
- Joining us online reinforces our resilience and supports your teachers, enabling us to re-open the doors once this time has passed. Share this email with any and all yogis across the country that you know and tell them they can get access to some of America’s best yoga teachers.
- Buy a gift certificate.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and our Voices Blog page to get the most updated information on how to access all of our offerings, and for wisdom from your teacher’s on how to move through this time with courage, softness, and strength.
Justine and the Down Under Team
What if you thought of it
as the Jews consider the Sabbath—
the most sacred of times?
Cease from travel.
Cease from buying and selling.
Give up, just for now,
on trying to make the world
different than it is.
Sing. Pray. Touch only those
to whom you commit your life.
And when your body has become still,
reach out with your heart.
Know that we are connected
in ways that are terrifying and beautiful.
(You could hardly deny it now.)
Know that our lives
are in one another’s hands.
(Surely, that has come clear.)
Do not reach out your hands.
Reach out your heart.
Reach out your words.
Reach out all the tendrils
of compassion that move, invisibly,
where we cannot touch.
Promise this world your love–
for better or for worse,
in sickness and in health,
so long as we all shall live.
–Lynn Ungar 3/11/20