- This event has passed.
LFIA Riverside Committee Presentation
January 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Curious about development at Riverside? How will it impact traffic and schools in the area? Find out about the visioning process. Also, please bring your questions and comments!
This is the New Proposal Specifically. 1,425,000 sq. ft. high-density, urban development at Riverside T Station.
In addition, it is 2 ½ times larger than the previous plan approved by the City with community input.
Moreover, these features are included:
- Massive new village of 663+ residential units; 550K sq. ft. commercial as well as 5K sq. ft. retail.
- Two high-rise towers of 14 &18 stories; tallest in Newton and Metrowest.
- Additional traffic at stressed intersections, including Rte. 16 and Beacon.
- School impact: the current proposal underestimates the number of additional students
- Very limited open/green space – 8%
Note: Numbers based on Mark Development’s Riverside presentation on September 27, 2018. Plans by the developer not yet finalized.
*The Lower Falls Improvement Association Riverside Committee is a group of Lower Falls residents. They promote a community-driven process for Riverside development. Therefore, our goal is a plan that’s economically viable, good for our neighborhoods. Moreover, it must be good for Newton.
Click here to read the latest Globe story about the proposed development.