- This event has passed.
Northland Presentation to Land Use Committee
March 12 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
From Village 14 blog.
“Northland will present several modifications to the Land Use committee that would reduce its proposed Needham Street project, according to documents just posted on the city’s website.”
The refinements therefore include:
- Several buildings were made smaller.
- Moving the parking garage underground
- Reducing parking spaces by 20 percent
- Relocating the playground and community building away from Tower Road and closer to the Depot Café and Greenway parking area.
- Adding a distinct entryway and expanding the village green.
- Adding more open space
- Reducing retail space (the biggest driver of traffic) from 185,200 sf net to 115,000 sf net.
- Reducing the number of housing units from 822 to 800 but keeping the originally proposed 123 affordable units.
“The memo explains that the proposed changes were made after getting feedback from the council, peer review teams, and public. Moreover, they will outline the changes to the Land Use Committee on Tuesday, March. 12, 7 pm at City Hall and follow that next month with more specifics.”