- This event has passed.
Riverside Public Hearing on Zoning
June 4, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tuesday, June 4 at 7pm, City Hall: Riverside Public Hearing on Zoning. Mark your calendar now and show up! Zoning controls the size of what can be built at the site. Also, let the City Council know you want a project that will not overwhelm our villages with traffic and towers (see below).
Concerned about Riverside? Here is what you can do:
Frustrated? Double down. The developer is well-financed, determined and successful. Do not stay on the sidelines if you care about this issue.
- Attend the date for the City Council’s first public hearing on Riverside, scheduled for Tuesday, June 4.
- Spread the word about the oversized development proposal and public hearings.
- Tell your elected officials how you feel. Moreover, you can contact the City Councilors by email@example.com.
- Write letters to the Tab (Newton@wickedlocal.com)
- Host a fundraiser or wine and cheese information session
- Contribute financially to this effort. (https://newtonlowerfalls.org/page-18084)
- Share your expertise with our committee on topics such as: traffic, housing, sustainability, architecture and design, economic feasibility, and marketing and communications.
- Contact Kit Stover at STOVERS@aol.com, if you can lend your time and energy, no matter how much.
Help us oppose inappropriate development at Riverside and work towards development thatimproves quality of life for everyone in the City and Villages we love.