- This event has passed.
Take My Phone, Please!
February 25 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
In the ongoing conversation about smartphones and teen anxiety, there’s often an important voice missing: teens themselves! So in this month’s Action Network Live!, we’re putting adolescents front and center.
Join us, media professor and Action Network advisory member Joni Siani, and Joni’s students for a conversation about the role of devices in young people’s lives and what it takes to be well in a hyperconnected world. With students’ personal experiences as a jumping off point, we’ll discuss:
- How Professor Siani got hundreds of college students to go a week without their phones or social media platforms.
- The emotional and physical changes students felt after their week-long challenge.
- The most common mental health challenges among college students, and how we can address them.
- Strategies that actually help teens change their digital habits.
- How to approach device and screen time issues with young people collaboratively, instead of imposing top-down rules.
Whether you’re dealing with some device anxiety yourself, or you’re a parent or teacher who wants to help young people navigate the challenges of a digital social world, this fun and engaging conversation will be extremely helpful!
Register now, invite a friend, and we’ll chat together on February 25 at 7PM!