Ride! Donate! Volunteer! Cheer! Tell People!
The ride is Sunday, September 24. Why do we need you on our Centre Street Food Pantry Ride for Food team?
Here are our top 10 reasons:
10. It’s been a long winter & spring. You need to feel good about something.
9. We’re a bit behind last year’s efforts and are getting worried….
8. Your bike needs you.
7. Your friends owe you one…so they will contribute too.
6. Our shoppers are really special to us.
5. Each $5 we receive buys 3.5x that in retail food dollars.
4. We gave out 1,506 bags of filling, nutritious food in June. That’s 400 more than in June of 2016.
3. Last month, 27% of the people we fed were under 18.
2. The Ride for Food is our biggest community fundraiser.
1. Hunger does not take a vacation.
The Ride for Food is a bicycle fundraising event sponsored by Three Squares New England, an organization devoted to combating hunger in our community. The Ride will begin and end at the Noble and Greenough School in Dedham, MA. Participants will have the choice of a 10, 25, or 50 mile route, all of which wind through neighboring towns.
Our ambitious goal is to raise $20,000 to help provide good food for our shoppers at CSFP. Each team member will be asked to raise a minimum of $350, with a best efforts goal of $1,000. Those who raise $1,000 or more will receive the coveted 2017 event bike jersey as token of appreciation for all the hard work involved in raising money for such an important cause.
You HAVE to admit—doesn’t this look like fun???? We had a great time last year and we know you’ll have fun too.