Since October, Newton Energy $avers has made great progress by completing over 900 Mass Save home energy assessments toward our 1,000-assessments goal.
Top 5 reasons to sign-up:
1. Free safety evaluation of heating and cooling systems.
2. Free check-up of insulation and air sealing.
3. Free LED bulbs to replace old inefficient bulbs.
4. Reimbursement of 75% of cost up to $2,000 for added insulation, from Mass Save.
5. Reduced energy use and reduced risk of ice dams by insulating attic.
Haven’t had an assessment within the past two years?
Call (781) 436-2639 and mention “Newton Energy $avers” or
Much needed support for the project is coming from community groups, including religious congregations. As of April, they include: Eliot Church, Grace Church, Second Church, First Unitarian Society of Newton, Our Lady Help of Christians Parish and Sacred Heart Parish, Mishkan Tefila and Temple Shalom.
If your congregation or other group would like to support the Newton Energy $avers project, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-965-1995. For a current list of participating groups visit – www.greennewton.org.
More good news… the City of Newton has been awarded a grant by National Grid based on the number of home energy assessments and follow up actions that are taken by National Grid customers in Newton. The City can receive up to $54,000 if we hit all the targets!