Here are three new affordable housing opportunities available in Newton, at Haywood House, the Golda Meir Expansion (2Life Communities), and 77 Court Street:
- Haywood House: The Newton Housing Authority is now accepting applications for the Haywood House (83-127 Kennedy Circle, Newton Corner), which has 55 one-bedroom units for elders over the age of 62 (with 32 units <60% AMI; 11 units <30% AMI, and 23 units up to 99% AMI). Three units are fully accessible for individuals with mobility impairments under Community Based Housing (CBH), and three units are designated for individuals currently or at risk of being homeless under the state Facilities Consolidation Fund (FCF). These one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments will be available through a lottery. To request an application, email HaywoodHouse@MaloneyProperties.com, call 617-209-5220, or visit www.HaywoodHouseApts.com. Completed applications can be submitted by email: HaywoodHouse@MaloneyProperties.com or mail to Haywood House, c/o Maloney Properties, Inc., 27 Mica Lane, 3rd Floor, Wellesley, MA 02481. See flyer for more information. Two informational sessions will be held:
- In-person: September 29, 2:30PM at the Newton Senior Center, 345 Walnut Street
- Virtual: October 4, 5:30PM (Zoom link upon request to HaywoodHouse@MaloneyProperties.com).
- Golda Meir Expansion – 2Life Communities: Applications are being accepted now through September 30 at 5PM to be included in the lottery for 58 brand-new apartments offered to persons 62 and older for a wide range of incomes. The Golda Expansion apartments at Golda Meir House, are scheduled to open in February 2023. See brochures in English and Spanish, and Application. For more information, contact Leasing@2lifecommunities.org.
- 77 Court Street Unit 106E: Applications are now being accepted by the City of Newton for a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom first-floor condominium at 77 Court Street, Unit 106E in Newtonville. The unit includes a deeded garage parking spot and separate storage in the garage. The condominium fee is $154 per month, and the buyer will also pay $10.52 per thousand or $244 per month in property taxes. See: Application and Downpayment Closing Cost Guidelines.